Second Judicial District Court
Most Popular Pages
Grand Jury Information
PLEASE REVIEW THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION CAREFULLY:
This information is for jurors who have been summoned for a three-month term of grand jury service. Please read the following information very carefully. If you have been summoned for a 3 week term of service please click here.
After you have received your summons, please submit your qualification and questionnaire forms through the juror portal. The Juror portal can be accessed here. Once you have completed your forms online, you will be asked to report for Grand Jury Orientation 1 to 3 weeks before the service dates listed on your summons. Grand Jury orientation usually lasts no longer than 3 hours. Attending orientation DOES NOT mean that you will necessarily need to report every day for the full 3 months listed on your summons.
The jury division will contact you 1 week in advance from needing you to report for Grand Jury Orientation via email, mail or telephone. Once you have been orientated you will receive further instructions on how the court will contact you when you are needed.
CELL PHONE POLICY:
When reporting for Grand Jury Orientation you WILL NOT be allowed to bring your cell phone or other electronic devices like laptops, tablets etc. Please leave these devices in your car or at home. Grand Jury Orientation typically lasts 2-3 hours.
CURRENT COVID PRACTICES:
- 3 foot social distancing will be enforced for the duration you are in the courthouse.
- All Jurors must wear a mask while in a courtroom or the Jury Assembly Room
- All jurors must be screened with the COVID Screening Questions prior to entering the courthouse. (See below if you are being asked to report to the court)
COVID SCREENING QUESTIONS: If you answer yes to any of the following, please do not enter the court house and instead call 505-841-7508.
- Have you been asked by the New Mexico Department of Health to self-quarantine because of COVID-19 and are you still within the quarantine period?
- Within the past 7 days have you been diagnosed with COVID-19 by a Doctor or received positive test results for COVID-19 from a testing center or by the Department of Health?
- Have you taken a COVID-19 test and are still waiting for the test results?
- In the past 7 days, have you been in contact with anyone who you know has COVID-19, has traveled to New Mexico from another Country, or who is required to self-quarantine?
- Within the past 5 days, have you had a fever at or above 100.4 degrees, chills, sore throat, body aches, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea, or headaches, or developed new shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, dry cough, or loss of taste or smell?
400 Lomas Blvd NW
Albuquerque, NM 87102
Monday – Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Jury Email: email@example.com
Grand Jury Email: firstname.lastname@example.org