Second Judicial District Court
Most Popular Pages
Petit Jury Information
PLEASE REVIEW THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION CAREFULLY.
This information is for jurors who have been summoned for a three-week term of petit jury service. If you have been summoned for a 3 month term of service please click here.
After you have received your summons, please submit your qualification and questionnaire forms through the juror portal. The juror portal can be accessed here. Once you have completed your forms online, you may be asked to report to the court for jury selection at any point within the service dates listed on your summons. This DOES NOT mean that you will necessarily need to report every day for the full 3 weeks.
The jury division will contact you 2 days in advance from needing you to report via email or telephone. We will also update the juror portal with reporting information 2 days in advance from needing you. If you check the juror portal, “On Call” means that you are currently not needed to report and “Reporting” means that you are needed to report on the date listed. Some jurors will also receive a supplemental questionnaire to aid in efficient jury selection for larger cases that will be sent via email or mail. Please complete any supplemental questionnaire sent to you by the due date listed on the questionnaire.
CELL PHONE POLICY:
When reporting for jury selection you WILL NOT be allowed to bring your cell phone or other electronic devices like laptops, tablets etc. Please leave these devices in your car or at home. Jury Selection typically last 3 to 5 hours, but can last as late as 5pm.
CURRENT COVID PRACTICES:
- 3 foot social distancing will be enforced for the duration you are in the courthouse.
- All Jurors must wear a mask while in a courtroom or the Jury Assembly Room
- All jurors must be screened with the COVID Screening Questions prior to entering the courthouse. (See below if you are being asked to report to the court)
COVID SCREENING QUESTIONS: If you answer yes to any of the following, please do not enter the court house and instead call 505-841-7508.
- Have you been asked by the New Mexico Department of Health to self-quarantine because of COVID-19 and are you still within the quarantine period?
- Within the past 7 days have you been diagnosed with COVID-19 by a Doctor or received positive test results for COVID-19 from a testing center or by the Department of Health?
- Have you taken a COVID-19 test and are still waiting for the test results?
- In the past 7 days, have you been in contact with anyone who you know has COVID-19, has traveled to New Mexico from another Country, or who is required to self-quarantine?
- Within the past 5 days, have you had a fever at or above 100.4 degrees, chills, sore throat, body aches, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea, or headaches, or developed new shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, dry cough, or loss of taste or smell?
When you have been instructed to report, please report on time and remember to park at the METRO PARK GARAGE. It’s located just north of Metropolitan Court, with an entrance from 5th Street. Going north from Lomas on 5th street, follow the big yellow signs for juror parking. DO NOT LEAVE YOUR PARKING TICKET IN YOUR CAR. You must bring it with you in order to have it validated.
400 Lomas Blvd NW
Albuquerque, NM 87102
Monday – Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Jury Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Grand Jury Email: email@example.com