Most Popular Pages
Safety Plan for Leaving an Abusive Situation
Planning to Leave: If you are able to make a plan to leave, the following list may help you get important items you may need later.
Keep the items in a safe place until you are able to leave safely or are ready if you need to leave quickly. You should take your children with you unless there is a court order stating you cannot take your children. If the children are in immediate danger, contact law enforcement at 911 or CYFD at 1-855-333-SAFE. Also take your pets if you are able.
Identification for yourself and your children (Originals are best, but copies are helpful)
- Birth Certificates
- Social Security Cards
- Driver’s License or Other Photo Identification
- Immigration Paperwork
- Marriage Certificate
- Divorce Papers
- Custody Orders
- Legal Protection or Restraining Orders
- Health Insurance Papers and Medical Cards
- Contact Information for Doctors or Other Medical Providers
- Records and Account Numbers of Checking Accounts, Savings Accounts, or Other Finances
Other Items to Have Available
- Funds like cash, credit cards, ATM card, checks, and deposit slips
- Access keys for house, car, post office box
- Contact information (phone numbers and addresses) for people like family and friends that can help you or for shelters
- Medications (at least one month’s supply) for yourself, your children, and your pets
- Small items like pictures, keepsakes, children’s toys or books to help you cope with your new arrangements
400 Lomas Blvd NW
Room 274, 2nd Floor
Albuquerque, NM 87102
Monday – Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
(Forms may be picked up)
Completed paperwork accepted
Monday – Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.