Most Popular Pages
Youth & Family Counseling
YFC’s mission is to work with youth who enter the juvenile court system and their families in order to solve problems and reduce the likelihood of the child returning to court.
- Family therapy, individual therapy (when indicated), group therapy (groups are formulated based on the clinical needs of referred juveniles).
- Substance abuse counseling
- Anger management
- Assessment and referral (on a limited basis)
- Treatment services for the Juvenile Drug Court Program
- Treatment services for the Juvenile Probation Diversion Program
Youth and Family Counseling FAQs
Is referral to the program by court order only?
Do YFC clients have to be Medicaid eligible?
The agency does not require Medicaid.
Does YFC accept referrals from APS or other agencies outside the court?
Referrals from APS and other agencies are considered on a case by case basis.
What does YFC charge for services?
YFC services are free of charge. Families should be referred through the Juvenile Probation Office, and or court ordered through the Children’s Court and the Family Court Division to be eligible for services.
How are clients referred to YFC?
Juveniles and families are referred through the agencies of the juvenile justice system. Court ordered clients have priority.