Canyon descending through the Sandia Mountains

Second Judicial District Court


Explore Section

Special Services FAQs

Do I need to pick up the Record Proper myself?

When the Record Proper is completed, we will call you for payment if applicable and once paid for, we sent the Record Proper to the appellate court.

How long do I have to pay for the Record Proper?

Once the Record Proper is prepared we will call you and let you know how much the cost is.  You will need to come down as soon as possible to pay before the Record Proper will be sent to the Court of Appeals.

Can I request a copy of my Record Proper?

If you would like a copy of your file (Record Proper), you may submit a copy request for the entire file at a cost of $.35 a page.

How long do I have to file an appeal on my District Court case?

For questions regarding the appeal process, please refer to NMRA 12-201.  Appeal as of right; when taken.

How do I file an appeal on my District Court case?

Pursuant to 12-202 NMRA. Appeal as of right; how taken A.  An appeal permitted by law as of right from the district court shall be taken by filing a notice of appeal with the district court clerk within the time allowed by Rule 12-201 NMRA.

Where do I go to order a CD of a hearing?

When ordering a CD of a hearing, please come to the Special Services Window located in Room 119, at the Second Judicial District Downtown Courthouse.

Can I order a CD over the phone?

We apologize for any inconvenience, however anyone needing to order a copy of a CD will need to come in and pay before we will make a copy.

How long will it take to make my CD?

The normal wait time is about 15 to 20 minutes.  However, depending on the order, i.e. the age of the case or the number of hearings being requested, it could take longer.  Some special orders can take up to five days to process.

How much does it cost to get a CD made of a hearing?

Each CD is $4.00, and depending on the length of the hearing, there might be multiple CDs.  Log notes are $.35 a page.

Does the Division accept personal checks or credit cards for payment?

No.  Acceptable forms of payment are attorney firm checks, cash, money order or certified check.  No personal checks shall be accepted.

Can I check out exhibits to view them?

Exhibits cannot be checked out to view; however, you can come to the Special Services window in Room 119 and request copies of any exhibits that are documents for a cost of $.35 per page.

Please note: We cannot make copies of oversized maps/documents.

How do I get original exhibits returned to me?

In order to have your exhibits released to you, you must have a signed order from the judge releasing the exhibits back.


400 Lomas Blvd NW
Room 119, 1st Floor
Albuquerque, NM  87102


Office Hours
Monday – Friday: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.

Public Service Windows Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.

Appeals: 505-841-5452
Duplications: 505-841-7401
Exhibits: 505-841-6717

Special Services Resources

Special Services FAQs

Case Lookup