This website cannot be viewed properly using this version of Internet Explorer.

To ensure your security while viewing this site, please use a modern browser such as Chrome or update to a newer version of Internet Explorer.

Download Chrome (Made by Google)
Update Internet Explorer (Made by Microsoft)


Second Judicial District Court

Tribunal del Segundo Distrito Judicial

English Español

Most Popular Pages

Páginas más visitadas

If you need immediate assistance, call 911.

What happens when I go to the DV Division to file for a DV Order of Protection?

After you fill out the paperwork, DV staff will do a brief review of the paperwork to make sure everything is complete.  You will then be asked to wait until your paperwork is reviewed and processed.  This can take up to four hours to complete.  It is important to stay in case there are any questions about your paperwork.  You will have a decision made the same day regarding your request for a DV Order of Protection.  If your request is granted, you will be given Temporary Order of Protection with instructions about your hearing date and serving the other party.  You may be given an Order to Appear at a hearing so the Court can get more information about the reasons why you are requesting an Order of Protection, or the Court could dismiss your request.

back to list


400 Lomas Blvd NW
Room 274, 2nd Floor
Albuquerque, NM  87102


Office Hours
Monday - Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
(Forms may be picked up)

Completed paperwork accepted
Monday - Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.

Phone: 505-841-6737

Disclaimer:  All efforts are made to ensure that information and links are accurate and current. However, users should not cite this information as an official or authoritative source and are advised to independently verify all information. Visitors to this site agree that the Second Judicial District Court of the State of New Mexico is not liable for errors or omissions of any of the information provided. Information contained on this web site should in no way be construed as legal advice. Users should contact an attorney if they require legal assistance or advice.